This part of the region covers everything from Inglewood in the west to Tungkillo in the east; Kersbrook and Mt Crawford Forest in the north to Lobethal in the south.The Northern Adelaide Hills is best accessed from Adelaide via Gorge Road, Lower North East Road, or North East Road - all incredibly scenic drives. Base yourself here for easy day trips across the Adelaide Hills, Barossa or to Mannum on the Murray River.
- Gorge Wildlife Park at Cudlee Creek for native and exotic animals including daily koala holding
- National Motor Museum in Birdwood, home to an excellent collection of vintage and classic vehicles, and motoring memorabilia
- The Big Rocking Horse and Toy Factory at Gumeracha to climb the giant rocking horse, wildlife park and quality wooden toys to buy
- A number of wineries including Chain of Ponds and a Regional Cellar Door at Glen Ewin Estate in Houghton
- Norton Summit with a rich history, excellent bushwalking, Sinclair's Gully winery and bush reserve and the ever-popular Scenic Hotel
- Mountain biking and camping in Mt Crawford Forest
- Morialta Conservation Park for seasonal waterfalls, extensive network of walking trails, views of the Adelaide Plains and rock-climbing