About Adelaide Hills Tourism
The Adelaide Hills tourism region is defined by the South Australian Tourism Commission as the geographical area covering the local government areas of Adelaide Hills Council and the Mount Barker District Council. Adelaide Hills Tourism receives primary funding from both councils with further funding and support from the South Australian Tourism Commission.
Adelaide Hills Tourism is an independent regional tourism organisation constituted as an Incorporated Association. The Adelaide Hills Tourism Committee meets monthly and comprises tourism industry representatives as well as representatives from the two councils and other related industry sectors.
Adelaide Hills Tourism's work contributes to an enhanced visitor experience in the region, encouraging visitors to stay longer, do more, come again and recommend Adelaide Hills as a 'must visit' destination. Increased visitor numbers and spending are key to the ongoing sustainability of the region's tourism businesses and jobs growth.
How to be included on this website
- Events and attractions (including wineries and restaurants) located within the official Adelaide Hills tourism region will automatically have a business listing on this site if they are registered with the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW), which is free (see this factsheet for information on registering or updating your listing).
Contacts, Tools and Resources
- Subscribe to Adelaide Hills Tourism's newsletter 'News You Can Use' for media and industry only
- Key Contacts and Opportunities for Adelaide Hills tourism operators
- Adelaide Hills Regional Strategic Tourism Plan 2015-2020
- Adelaide Hills Tourism Interpretive Plan - Key and Minor Messages for the region
- Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) - national tourism database
- Adelaide Hills Brand Guidelines (1.3mb)
- 2016 Adelaide Hills Regional Visitor Guide (produced by SATC/HWR) and Ordering Instructions
- 2017 Adelaide Hills Regional Visitor Guide (due out March 2017) - Media Kit (deadline 2 December 2016)
- Investment Attraction - Regional Development Australia (Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu & Kangaroo Island) - Investment Attraction Tools
- Bushfire Preparation for Tourism Operators (SATIC)
- Instructions for Sharing and Embedding the Adelaide Hills Commercial
- Information for Event Organisers
- Adelaide Reivew Feature 2017 - Adelaide Review Feature Prospectus 2017, February edition - cover and double page spread
- Push Adventures - Inclusive tourism advice and reviews - practical advice to make your tourism business inclusive and accessible by guests with varying physical abilities and their travel companions
Insights - Research and Reports
For the latest research and industry data about the Adelaide Hills visitor economy - from visitor profiles and trends, to the economic impact of tourism - click here.
State Tourism Resources
- South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) - consumer site I industry site I media gallery
- South Australian Tourism Industry Council (SATIC)
Online Marketing Resources
- SATC's Social Media Hints and Tips
- Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) Factsheet
- AHT's Instagram Factsheet