PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
Adelaide Hills Visitor Information Centre (owned and managed by District Council of Mount Barker) and Adelaide Hills Tourism (AHT) are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information they collect.
Personal information refers to any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, including your credit card, direct debit or PayPal account information if you have made a purchase on this site. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
The types of personal information that we collect will depend on the nature of your dealings with us. For example, we will collect personal information directly from you in the following circumstances:
- If you purchase travel arrangements through the Adelaide Hills Visitor Information Centre then certain personal information is required to facilitate this booking which will be provided to the provider of the service – for example to the accommodation or tour operator.
In each case, we only collect the personal information that we need to carry our specific functions.
We will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, or access your communications on our website, unless acting under a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- enforce the Statements and Notices of District Council of Mount Barker, Adelaide Hills Visitor Information Centre and Adelaide Hills Tourism
- protect the rights or property of the District Council of Mount Barker, Adelaide Hills Visitor Information Centre and Adelaide Hills Tourism
- protect the interests of the District Council of Mount Barker, Adelaide Hills Visitor Information Centre and Adelaide Hills Tourism users and, or members of the public
- lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety or
- comply with the law
We will not sell, lease or rent our lists to any third parties.
No attempt will be made, at any stage during a user's visit to this website, to identify the user except in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the logs.
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions. Whilst we strive to protect data transmitted over the Internet, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.